Frequently Asked Questions
- Sunday-Wednesday 11:30 a.m-10 p.m.
- Thursday 11:30 a.m.-12:00 a.m.
- Friday-Saturday 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
We are located at 2957 Randolph Avenue, Unit B, Costa Mesa, California 92626. Our telephone number is (714) 641-2084. We are in the heart of Costa Mesa’s SoBECA (South on Bristol, Entertainment, Culture and the Arts) mixed-use district, in the triangle formed by the 405, 55, and 73 freeways in Orange County. Only 10 minutes from John Wayne Airport, we are just South of the 405 freeway from South Coast Plaza, one block from outdoor malls The Lab and The Camp, down the street from Memphis Cafe, Rooster Café, and across the street from The Commissary.
- Please check with Barley Forge in advance before booking a tour. We do our best to accommodate groups, but for a host of reasons your preferred time and date may not be available.
- Please send requests for group tours via email to email@example.com. Please do not text our tasting room staff or reserve a tour date in person at the brewery with our tasting room staff as those messages do not always get conveyed and/or prove reliable.
- On the day of your tour, please alert the brewery by text to 310 413-3665 if your group is running more than 15 minutes late. Please also provide in your text an update of your eta along with a number where you can be reached. That information is very important as it allows us to best monitor our staffing levels and provide the best possible customer service.
- For groups of four to eleven, we vastly prefer that the person booking the tour is present when the tour arrives and that person remains on premise and serves as the responsible person in charge for the entire duration of the group visit.
- For groups of twelve or more, the group must be accompanied by a non-drinking, responsible person who both arrives with the group and remains on premise for the entire duration of the group visit.
- Absolutely no drinking of alcohol in the parking lot is permissible at anytime. This means that tour participants cannot exit the tour/party bus carrying alcoholic beverages. Nor can they exit the brewery with alcoholic beverages. Any drinking of alcohol in the parking lot is a violation of our ABC license and puts our ABC license at great risk.
- Patrons cannot arrive visibly intoxicated. If they do, they will not be served and they will be asked to return to the bus. Again, it is a violation of our ABC license to have visibly intoxicated patrons in our establishment. It is also a violation of our license and puts our servers at risk if we sell/furnish alcohol to a visibly intoxicated customer.
- No excessive noise or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated in the tasting room. That is a judgment call, but if noise levels and/or behavior impose on other patrons to an unacceptable degree, we will ask the group to leave.
- Patrons must be respectful of the establishment. If there are an excessive number of spilled beverages and/or excessive amounts of food and trash left on the floor, tables and chairs, there will be a cleaning charge added to the bill to cover the additional labor costs that are incurred as a result.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.
Beer manufacturers holding a Type 01 or a Type 23 license (that’s us) can donate to non-profit organizations. Breweries are only allowed to donate to federally designated 501(c) tax-exempt non-profit organizations. For events at which breweries are going to pour beer, a non-profit organization must apply for a special daily permit license (known as an ABC Form 221 license) through the ABC. Or breweries may donate beer to a 501(c) organization that is holding a private event (not open to the public, no charge for admission and no sales of alcohol) that is being held on premises that are not licensed by the ABC. Under current California law, merchandise may not be donated. Current law also dictates all beer donated to a non-profit event must be consumed on the premises. No beer may be removed from the event.
We are asked almost every day to donate beer to various events, so even though we wholeheartedly support charitable causes of all stripes, we have to be selective so we have some beer left to sell to keep our doors open! If you are interested in having us donate beer to your event, please submit your request using our Donation Request Form.